In the next few posts I will be focusing on a chapter from the new 'Force' book. This chapter is the Head, Neck and Upper Back.
Here are my notes from the chapter:
EXERCISES AND TIPS:
1. Using a simple cube, cardboard, or a wooden, draw a grid on it, similar to the one drawn in Chapter 2. Find a perspective that you like, and try to draw the angles on the cube to define the location of facial features. Keep the eye, nostril, and mouth lines parallel to one another.
2. Using a mirror, practice drawing your face.
3. Try drawing facial expressions using eye and mouth masks.
4. Keep in mind that the skull is rigid. Also, think about the jaw containing some flexibility.
5. Look for variety in facial features.